With the premiere of Season 4 of HBO’s Game of Thrones a mere week away, are you itching to do a Game of Thrones craft? Get ready to wrap your Hand of the King around these hand-carved Game of Thrones House Sigil Stamps.
Tyr at This Is Just to Say has stamps for House Stark, House Lannister and House Targaryen. I think they’d be perfect for creating invites for a watch party, or maybe even stamping on some fabric to make a one-of-a-kind scarf or skirt.
Which House would you support, and what would you make with the stamps?
Links of Interest:
Flat Head Syndrome affects roughly 48% of babies and requires them to wear a helmet as treatment. The helmets are generally white and look like ordinary head fixing helmets (not that there’s anything wrong with that). But artist Paula Strawn isn’t going to let babies go around in some boring old helmet. She makes a living painting the helmets to be more than a medical apparatus, but a work of art.
Look how cute and happy this little guy looks with his “new” helmet! It looks like Anakin Skywalker’s pod race helmet. Check out the link above to see some of her other designs. Paula has a great eye for what would be really eye catching and cute for babies to wear.
Would this snowy backdrop make more sense for “He-Man and the Masters of the Universe” to be set in Brooklyn? Kilroy III made this enormous snow fort modeled after Castle Grayskull. It’s large enough to fit three to four adults inside.
As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, my family of geeks has long been fans of the massively multi-player online role playing game (MMORPG) World of Warcraft (WoW). And as long as they’ve been playing, they’ve always played Horde. So I was quite pleased when I ran across this crochet Horde banner by Kristin Dragos.
When I showed it to my husband, he told me it would be ok if I made it for him. :) I think it would also make a great addition to my son’s dorm room.
What about you? Are you Horde or Alliance?
Links of Interest:
Mirror mirror on the wall, whose the most logical of them all? That’s an easy question to answer when you’re talking about Mr. Spock!
GlassKissinCreations, an Etsy store in Latrobe, PA, has created a one of a kind stained glass mirror of our favorite Vulcan.
It’s made from black stained glass, cream stained glass, mirror, copper foil, solder, and copper wire. His eyebrows are painted on, and the mirror measures 10 1/2″ x 7 1/2″.
Jewel Staite, who played Kaylee Frye on “Firefly” and “Serenity” was in Kansas City for Planet Comicon this weekend, and a local movie theatre took advantage and showed “Serenity”, followed by a short Q&A with her. As Browncoats, my husband, daughter and I were pleased to attend.
The Q&A was fairly quick but interesting. Here are some highlights:
- Jewel is apparently an “adventurous” foodie and has a food blog. She said while many in Hollywood “juice”, she does not: “I don’t juice. I steak.”
- She has enjoyed all the food she’s had in Kansas City, saying that what she’s eaten has been “top notch”. She specifically mentioned Jack Stack BBQ and Genessee Royale.
- She loves wine and enjoyed visiting Amigoni Urban Winery. She said if she wasn’t an actor, she’d probably be a winemaker. As much as she enjoys wine, however, she said Adam Baldwin is an even bigger “wine snob” than she is, but that’s ok, because he usually picks up the tab.
- When she is at cons, she is often too busy to seek anyone out, but tries to make time to find cast members from “Lost“. She is a big “Lostie”; Matthew Fox is one of her TV crushes.
- She hated wearing the ruffled dress in the episode, “Shindig” – it was just too cumbersome and hard to maneuver.
- Someone asked if she kept any of the props from the “Firefly” set – she said Nathan Fillion took most of them and has his own “museum.” She also said Adam has the head of the “Hero of Canton” statue from the episode, “Jaynestown.”
- Her favorite “Firefly” episodes were “Out of Gas” and “Objects in Space.”
- She said Nathan frequently tried to prank her on set, such as putting lotion on the door handle of her dressing room.
- She talks and texts with other “Firefly” cast members “all the time”: “I took away eight friendships.”
- She has two dogs and loves animals.
To make this post geek-crafty, I found you a Kaylee-inspired craft: Kaylee in her Shindig Dress Cross Stitch Pattern (shown above, originally shared on Craftster – click to see other Firefly cross-stitch projects)
If you had attended the Q&A with Jewel, what question would you have asked?