Last week People Magazine announced that the lovely Chris Hemsworth (photo Credit: Ben Watts), aka Thor, is this year’s Sexiest Man Alive.
In honor of this prestigious award, I thought, for my first post as a contributor to Geek Crafts, I’d share some awesome Thor related tutorials.
If you’re looking for something a little less “cosplay” and a little more “toy“, try this tutorial from Doodlecraft . It’s a bit more kid friendly, and you might even have the materials needed already, since it uses things like a hot glue and an old pillowcase.
Thor Costume Fun
The folks at Cutesy Crafts have this delightful tutorial on making your own superhero masks, including the mighty god of thunder. Supposedly these awesome masks are meant just for kids, but really? I think these would make fabulous accessories for everyday wear.
This tutorial from Life Sprinkled with Glitter has to be my favorite. It’s a baby Thor costume DIY, and Colleen Wickersheim has got step-by-step instructions, with pictures, on creating the costume, helmet, and hammer. I’m thinking this would be perfect for my nephew’s first Halloween next year.
Need a Thor of your very own?
Over at Photobucket you can find this free printable to make your very own 3-D paper Thor created by Jim Bowen (username trogdoriangrey).
You may have seen this one featured on Geek Crafts before, but it’s so worth sharing again. Ravelry creator Jess Newstone has got the cutest little god of thunder amigurumi pattern ever and it’s free! She’s even got Thor’s adopted bad boy brother amigurumi pattern (free to0!).
More links of interest:
- How to make the Hammer of Thor on Instructables, created by The Rambler
- Thor’s Mighty Hammer Tutorial on Doodlecraft, created by Natalie Shaw
- Superhero Party Masks (including the Thor party mask above), created by Jessica on Cutesy Crafts
- How to make a baby Thor costume, complete with helmet and hammer, created by Colleen Wickersheim
- Thor Amigurumi free pattern on Ravelry, created by Jess Newstone
- Loki Amigurumi free pattern on Ravelry, created by Jess Newstone
- Even more Thor Crafts on Geek Crafts!