This weekend we’re taking a look at crafts based on old-school Nintendo controllers. (We’ll look at mod-ed controllers another week.)
1. Nintendo Controller Perler Bead Business Card Holder
Etsy seller Lost Mitten has this one-of-a-kind business card holder available in her shop. Made of fused Perler beads, this will look great on any geek’s desk.
2. Nintendo Controller Purse
3. Nintendo Controller Messenger Bag
Frogz was inspired by Ilia’s purse. She made a messenger bag with the controller on the flap.
4. Nintendo Controller Shirt
Get a tank top or t-shirt custom-made from Poppyseeds. This is probably my favorite Nintendo Controller craft I’ve seen. I love the way the cord goes up the shoulder.
5. Nintendo Controller Needlepoint DS Case
Another tutorial! Craftster user rosered posted instructions to needlepoint a case to hold her DS Lite. It even has a hole for the power cord to go through so your DS can charge in style.
6. Nintendo Controller Keepsake Box
3 Tiny Leopards painted and glued felt to make this little box, perfect to hold pens and pencils or treasures.
7. Nintendo Controller Box File
Here’s another multi-use box. This one, made by clairol5 for a swap, is letter-sized.
8. Nintendo Controller DS Lite Pouch
Janis13 makes DS Lite pouches out of felt. She’s also got one based on an original GameBoy.
9. Nintendo Controller Pillowcase
Always, Angela’s first post on Craftster was this awesome appliqued pillow case she made for her boyfriend. Its mate says “START.”
10. Nintendo Controller Polymer Clay Earrings
From Geek Crafts favorite The Clay Collection, you can get these earrings on Etsy. Earrings are shown, but you can also get the polymer clay controller as a cell phone charm or pendant.