Alice in Wonderland has always been one of my favourite books and films, and American McGee’s Alice Madness Returns is one of my favourite games. It is beautifully twisted and the artwork is gorgeous. The story takes the originally premise and continues it from a completely different point of view. Here are some of my favourite etsy crafts based on the game.
To combat holiday stress, I like to decorate with as much geek-tastic awesomeness as I can create and find. Things like zombie gingerbread men, Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtle ornaments, and 8-bit fireplaces always make me smile. Why not have a geeky holiday this year and let Geek Crafts give you a head start with some fun, easy tutorials and even a gift idea or two.
For the turtle lover, you’ve got to take a look at The Whoot’s DIY Ninja Turtles. My nephews love the Turtles, and this is the sort of craft you could do with little boys (and plenty of supervision!).
These Muppet ornaments are super easy to make too, thanks to the great tutorial from Meg on Happy Looks Good on You. These little cuties were inspired by her original tutorial on making superhero ornaments.
Sarah Dees from FrugalFun4Boys.com has some fun Lego ornament ideas (good for girls too!).
Geeky Decor Fun
Kat and Cam from Our Nerd Home has a some great ideas for decorating the home for the holidays, including this Wreath DIY made from foam core! I bet craft foam would work great too. Plus, you could totally customize this to all of your own favorite fandom images.
I have to share their 8-bit fireplace DIY too. This is too awesome for words, and incredibly easy to do. It’s warm and cozy, don’t you think?
This last decor DIY is not for the faint of heart, but this Embroidery tutorial from Jessica (from Miniature Rhino) on Design Sponge takes you step-by-step through making this beautiful embroidered constellation table runner. Perhaps not strictly a holiday theme, I think it lends itself well to any winter themed decor you’ve got going on in your home.
- Zombie Gingerbread Man felted ornament
- Geeky Christmas Ornaments Treasury on Etsy
- The Whoot’s DIY Ninja Turtles originally posted here on Dollar Store Crafts
- This awesome DIY for Minion ornaments by Amber on Crazy Little Projects
- Muppet ornaments from Meg on Happy Looks Good on You
- Lego ornaments from Sarah Dees on FrugalFun4Boys
- Wreath DIY from Our Nerd Home
- 8-bit fireplace DIY also from Our Nerd Home
- Embroidery tutorial from Jessica (blogger from Miniature Rhino) posted on Design Sponge