This white wax candle stands 8″ tall, will burn for around 7 days, and features Spock, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy. However, if your home or altar or whatever needs decorating, and Spock isn’t quite what you’re needing, Hollywood Soul has candles that feature The Dude, Miley Cyrus, Bill Murray, Steve Buscemi and loads of other celebrities in Photoshopped religious settings.
She made him made this for the lovely kittykill in the Vintage Halloween Swap last year on Craftster. Check out her series of photos of him…he’s even got scales down his back and tiny little claws! Unfortunately, he’s going to be a OOAK toy, because La Chapa said she didn’t write down any notes when she was making him, so he can’t be recreated again in all his scaly, yarny glory.
When I was a kid, I was pretty scared during the scene when the Wampa attacks Luke in “The Empire Strikes Back,” but who could be scared of this little guy? Hook yourself up with this great amigurumi Wampa pattern from Ana at MysteriousCats.
Links of Interest:
Mirror mirror on the wall, whose the most logical of them all? That’s an easy question to answer when you’re talking about Mr. Spock!
It’s made from black stained glass, cream stained glass, mirror, copper foil, solder, and copper wire. His eyebrows are painted on, and the mirror measures 10 1/2″ x 7 1/2″.
Jewel Staite, who played Kaylee Frye on “Firefly” and “Serenity” was in Kansas City for Planet Comicon this weekend, and a local movie theatre took advantage and showed “Serenity”, followed by a short Q&A with her. As Browncoats, my husband, daughter and I were pleased to attend.
The Q&A was fairly quick but interesting. Here are some highlights:
- Jewel is apparently an “adventurous” foodie and has a food blog. She said while many in Hollywood “juice”, she does not: “I don’t juice. I steak.”
- She has enjoyed all the food she’s had in Kansas City, saying that what she’s eaten has been “top notch”. She specifically mentioned Jack Stack BBQ and Genessee Royale.
- She loves wine and enjoyed visiting Amigoni Urban Winery. She said if she wasn’t an actor, she’d probably be a winemaker. As much as she enjoys wine, however, she said Adam Baldwin is an even bigger “wine snob” than she is, but that’s ok, because he usually picks up the tab.
- When she is at cons, she is often too busy to seek anyone out, but tries to make time to find cast members from “Lost“. She is a big “Lostie”; Matthew Fox is one of her TV crushes.
- She hated wearing the ruffled dress in the episode, “Shindig” – it was just too cumbersome and hard to maneuver.
- Someone asked if she kept any of the props from the “Firefly” set – she said Nathan Fillion took most of them and has his own “museum.” She also said Adam has the head of the “Hero of Canton” statue from the episode, “Jaynestown.”
- Her favorite “Firefly” episodes were “Out of Gas” and “Objects in Space.”
- She said Nathan frequently tried to prank her on set, such as putting lotion on the door handle of her dressing room.
- She talks and texts with other “Firefly” cast members “all the time”: “I took away eight friendships.”
- She has two dogs and loves animals.
To make this post geek-crafty, I found you a Kaylee-inspired craft: Kaylee in her Shindig Dress Cross Stitch Pattern (shown above, originally shared on Craftster – click to see other Firefly cross-stitch projects)
If you had attended the Q&A with Jewel, what question would you have asked?
I am both amazed, and a little creeped out, by how realistic these peanuts look their real counterparts.
Artist Steve Casino can sum up his favorite celebrities and characters in just a single peanut each. The Kentucky-based sculptor says he can spend up to 20 hours a day making 4 inch celebrity statuettes out of peanuts, which are then painted with acrylic paint. He also uses bamboo skewers for arms and legs.